Proposed Phase III activities aim to achieve the following targets by the end of the third phase:
- Daily 24 hours regular supply of potable water.
- Minimum 10m residual pressure head.
- Internationally accepted standard of quality.
- Zero water borne disease from city supply system.
- Controlled ground water extraction and no use of shallow aquifer for drinking purpose.
- Excellent consumer relation.
- Modern commercial management.
- Access to sewerage for 100% population.
- Pollution free rivers in Board’s area.
- Industries will have to construct their own WWTP.
The following activities will be carried out in Phase III to achieve the above mentioned targets:
- Larke Diversion Project will be implemented;
- Unaccounted for water will be kept below 10%
- Use of ground water for drinking purpose will be discouraged.
- Preventive and regular maintenance of systems will be made mandatory.
- Ultramodern water supply management technology will be applied.
- Supply regularity and quality standard of water will be made best in Asia.
- Necessary WWTPs and sewerage systems will be constructed to provide access to system for 100% consumers.